[jsword-devel] Alkitab 1.0 released

Tonny Kohar tonny.kohar at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 21:55:45 MST 2008

Finally I am release Alkitab Bible Study 1.0 (Stable) available at
http://www.kiyut.com/products/alkitab/index.html and as usual source
code is at developer sections.

What's new:
    * Add Expand verse by 1
    * Add Expand verse by 5
    * Improve UI flow (thanks Gabriel)
    * Move ViewSource from BookViewer Toolbar to TopComponent context menu
    * Cleanup IDE non related stuff (thanks Peter)
    * Updated to use JSword 1.0.8 (20080608)
    * Fix HTML broken image eg: BAO (Bible Atlas Online) (thanks
webmedic and Peter)
    * Fix Linux GTK lnf JEditorPane.setEditable(false) background color
    * Fix Installer books install path (thanks Stephen)

Thanks all who provide feedback, so that I am able to fix most of
major/minor bug. If you found any bugs or want to provide feedback,
please do not hesitate to drop me a note.

Now all the basic features already there, so the next step will be
exploring possible enhancement, currently I am particularly interested
in embedded web browser (see recent discussion) to support more RTL
language (thank Peter and DM). Another note: in source distribution
there is also todos.txt (todo list) that I like to exploring as well.

In relation with embedded browser, does anyone here already experiment
with various offer of webbroswer component (xulRunner, webkit, JDIC,
etc) ? If you do not mind could you tell us the result of your
experience/experiment ?

Also does anyone know any sword modules/books/bible translation that
use RTL language for testing candidate, so I could download it and
start experimenting ? Currently I have araSVD.

Cheers
Tonny Kohar
--
Alkitab Bible Study