[jsword-devel] BibleDesktop and Persistent window positioning

Tonny Kohar tonny.kohar at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 22:51:11 MST 2008

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 10:22 AM, DM Smith <dmsmith555 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have checked in Adam Thomas' code to persist the position and size
> of the main BibleDesktop window. After the nightly build, please test
> it.
>
> Adam has found a tremendously simpler way to center the window that is
> used for first run of BD. I'd like to know how it does in different
> Linux window managers.
>
> It does very well on Windows and Mac. I'll be testing Gnome on Fedora
> 9 tomorrow.

Just tested it on Linux Ubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04, run pretty well, the
new layout and positioning run as expected, cheers :)

Side note: when the window moved is moved to something like half part
is offscreen and half part is onscreen, when restarted it will
automatically display the whole windows onscreen as closes to the
previous location (half offscreen and half onscreen), Is this the
expected behaviour (IMHO it is good) ?

Cheers
Tonny Kohar
--