[jsword-devel] BibleDesktop and Persistent window positioning

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 25 03:59:07 MST 2008

I really appreciate your eagerness to help!!

But I guess I didn't specify clearly what "after the nightly build"
means. I was really tired last night. Sorry. The nightly build runs at
midnight in Arizona, USA. Which is about 3am my time, but about 9am in
Europe.

If you look in the folder that holds desktop.properties (on linux this
should be ~/.jsword) you will have a file named:
org.crosswire.common.swing.desktop.LayoutPersistence.properties
If it is not there, you were too eager. If you delete this file, you
can test again.

Would you mind trying again?

You should notice that the first time you run it, the program will be
75% the screen size and centered. When you close the program it will
write out the current size and position to the
LayoutPersistence.properties file.

When you subsequently start the program, it will use this information
to size and position the window.

The other test I'm going to try is to see how it works with Portable
BibleDesktop (www.crosswire.org/~dmsmith/bd). This is not released
yet, but I was hoping to do so this release. The purpose of Portable
BD is that one runs BD on a USB stick on whatever computer the user
has access to.

The test would be to place the app at a reasonable size on a big
monitor but located on the right and bottom part of the screen. And
then open it up on a much smaller screen.

In Christ's Service,
	DM