[jsword-devel] BibleDesktop/JSword translations

Jonathan Morgan jonmmorgan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 04:46:41 MST 2008

On Feb 11, 2008 7:55 AM, DM Smith <dmsmith555 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have made a few changes regarding the "action" property files as it
> impacts doing translations of the application into other languages.

> Another kind of unnecessary entry is one that matches the default. For
> example, Xxx.Enabled=true is pretty much the same as not having the
> entry. For this reason, I deleted them everywhere. (Of course
> Yyy.Enabled=false, was left)

This is only correct if the default remains the same.  I often specify
things explicitly which are the same as the default precisely because
I want to ensure that it is that way whether the default changes or
not (I'm not sure in this case if the default is likely to change, but
that is a general principle worth considering).  In some cases, such
default arguments can be the source of nasty bugs, because changing
the default changes the function that is being called without the
caller being aware of it.

Jon