[jsword-devel] MacOSX Java 6

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 30 06:03:55 MST 2008

Some good news and some bad news.

Good news: Apple has released Java 6.
For details see:
http://developer.apple.com/releasenotes/Java/JavaLeopardRN/Introduction/chapter_1_section_1.html
Of specific interest to me is the tighter dock integration, and
AppleScript availability.
AppleScript would give us the ability to:
allow a user to highlight a portion of text and have it read aloud.
allow the program to be hidden when closed.

Bad News: it is only for Core 2 Duo Macs running Leopard. This means it
won't run on my 2 year old Mac Mini (Core Duo).

If anyone has a Core 2 Duo Mac, I'd like to hear if the program is any
different when run under it. It should run just fine, but I find with
every release of Java that the text is clearer and easier to read.

In Him,