[jsword-devel] Next version of iPhone-ish site

Greg Hellings greg.hellings at gmail.com
Wed Apr 23 02:47:48 MST 2008

I have continued working on the site between end-of-semester work and
exams and such.  Updates this round include:

--Better (read: existent) handling of improper keys entered manually
--More elegant labels and timings of the "Back" button
--New landing site to give the OT/NT split (default module: ESV)
--Intelligent messages to the user if there are no applicable options
(i.e. choosing "New Testament" from the LXX doesn't leave you in
never-never-land)
--Direct URL referencing with the following accepted (if not specified
the default module is ESV -- interpret the syntax of the following
lines similar to the syntax of GNU cli argument specifications, name,
anything in square brackets is optional, nested squares mean the
options are nested, and angle brackets indicate that the words in them
should be replaced by a value):
*#books[.<module>.[<testament>]]
*#testaments[.<module>]
*#modules-list
*#bymodule.<module>.<book>.<chapter[s> | [.<verse[s]>]
*#<book>.<chapter[[s]> | [.<verse[s]>]]
--Mostly supported Back & Forward buttons (the only place I know them
to not function atm is if you use the in-app button to go "Back" and I
know where to fix that, and just haven't yet).

I think that's about the total of the functional things so far people
have brought up.  Again, feel free to take a look for the next day or
so:
http://hellings.is.a.geek.com:8080/jsword-gwtweb/WebInterface.html

There are still rough edges - let me know where you find them and how
they can be improved!  Thanks.

--Greg