[jsword-devel] [sword-devel] Interlinear text

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 21 14:16:57 MST 2008

Peter,

I did look into ruby but the problem is that it still is not well
supported at this time.

Your example won't wrap when the window is resized. And it is geared to
line at a time. I was looking for something that had the same behavior
of text. What I liked about your solution was that you could select each
line of text.

Chris, on sword-devel, at 8/31/2007, pointed to:

http://www.unics.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/flavell/umusalu.html

It points out so many of the problems with portability.

This page has interlinear text and it wraps correctly, but it does not allow for selecting a line of text.

The thing is that when it really gets down to it, it is applied css.

My solution works on all major browsers (I doubt it would work on early browsers, though).

DM