[jsword-devel] LZSS now supported

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Wed May 30 14:04:30 MST 2007

I have just added LZSS support to JSword. This is the format that STEP
files used. (Don't know anything about STEP though, as it was before my
time.) And at this time there are no modules using LZSS. I added this
because it is part of the Sword API.

Soon, I'll add support for TEI, for which there will be a few new
dictionaries. Specifically, there will be a new version of Strong's
Hebrew and Greek modules that will have accented Hebrew and Greek,
rather than English transliterations. These are being written in a new
module type of TEI. It is expected that when OSIS is modified to have
good dictionary support it will be derived from TEI.

I'm continuing to modify BibleDesktop to support parallel texts with
optional differences. I'll be mimicking MacSword's interface.

I'm also working on support for personal commentary. Not sure what kind
of UI would be best. Input is appreciated.

I'm also adding a quick picker of Book and Chapter to the BibleViewPane,
as an option.

If there is anything you'd really like to see in the next release,
please let me know.

In His Service,
    DM Smith