[jsword-devel] AccuracyType for single chapter books

Brian Fernandes infernalproteus at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 14:00:27 MST 2007

DM,

Thanks for the prompt reply, I now construct a key by adding a 1-ff at
the end (Jude.1.1-ff) and it gives me exactly what I need.

So far I only support bible texts and I have chosen to route all
requests through a URI which could be typed into the address bar or
loaded because you clicked a hyperlinked reference in a book. So using
the combo boxes ultimately creates a URI and asks Firefox to load it,
which is when you see the output text. This is cool because like every
other URI, they are recorded in your history and can be bookmarked too.

This is what it looks like: http://bible.thegoan.com/esv-jude-1.png

For the actual processing of the URI, all I do is call
Bible#getKey(String) (where the string would be the "host" part of the
URI) and use the resulting key to fetch the data, just as you suggested
(took it from APIExamples).

Regarding AccuracyType, I don't really use it directly, I was just
trying to figure out the point at which "Jude 1" is different from
"Genesis 1". My code is actually identical to
APIExamples#readStyledText. Now if we forget the technicalities, if I go
to BibleDesktop and type in "Genesis 1" in the show passage field, I get
the first chapter of Genesis, but if I type in "Jude 1" I only get the
first verse of the first (and only) chapter of Jude. Isn't this
inconsistent? At the same time I do realize from your previous reply
that "Genesis 1" might not have been a fully qualified reference to
begin with and we just received a "best fit" result; I'm fine with this.

Warm regards,
Brian.