[jsword-devel] Recent changes

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 22 12:01:29 MST 2007

Basically this e-mail is a status report.

I'm back from vacation/holiday and have made some changes to
BibleDesktop/JSword.

Most of it fits in the category of fixing bugs:
BibleDesktop would not update the screen when a Bible was finished
being indexed. Now it does.
Daily Devotionals in 1.0.5 and 1.0.6 would not advance to the current
day, Now they do.
Internationalized dates of Daily Devotionals
Fixed the ot1nt2 reading plan.
Improved the generation of OSISRefs. Now they are minimally
represented (e.g. Gen.1.1- Gen.2.25 becomes Gen.1-Gen.2)
Made closing AdvancedSearch actually do the search.

I've also been working on:
Making BibleDesktop integrate better on the Mac by:
	1) Moving About, Options and Exit to Mac's Application menu.
	2) Changed scrollbars to always appear on the Mac.
	3) Use AWT's FileDialog instead of JFileChooser, when on the Mac.
Apple strongly recommends using FileDialog. This will fix problems
with saving and restoring verse lists. I'm still working on this one.
	4) In Eclipse when using our launcher, it now behaves like a Mac
application.
	5) Made the JToolBar not reposition-able on the Mac.
	6) Menus no longer show mnemonics on the Mac.

Made XSLTProperties hold all properties that are defined for our
stylesheet. This change is one step toward per book settings.

Started work on the ability to replace the default font with another.
This is necessary for Farsi, since Java's default font is incomplete
wrt some characters of Farsi that are not in Arabic script.

In Him we live, breathe and have our being,