[jsword-devel] Other locales

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 7 13:19:38 MST 2006

Peter,

Thank you for your Farsi work. I have checked it in as
org.crosswire.jsword.versification.BibleNames_fa.properties. You can add
the short names and alternatives (if any) to that file (it is under the
"jsword" project). Attaching it or a patch against it to the same Jira
issue would be fine. You will note that the file is entirely ascii with
escapes for unicode characters. I did this with native2ascii. It will
also undo/reverse the change, if needed.

I also made a change that if a short name is not defined it uses the
full name. And rather than knowing that 40 is Matthew, I changed the key
in the properties file to use the osis name. This makes creating a new
file or editing an old one much easier.

The user will have to set their locale to Farsi to see these names.

In Him,
    DM