[jsword-devel] getting involved

Manfred Bergmann bergmannmd at yahoo.de
Wed Aug 30 09:46:10 MST 2006

Hi DM.

Ok, I had a look at the open Issues.
Now I have some questions:

1. I checked out the complete trunk from the svn repository and
created Netbeans projects (Eclipse is very unstable on my system, but
Netbeans 5.x is fine) and managed to compile and run bibledesktop.
But if I run it this way, the menu is in the window again instead of
the main menu on the Mac. If I run the AppBundle all is fine. Can
someone give a hint what I am doing wrong here?

2. I have bought an encrypted german module called Hfa. It includes a
bible text and a dictionary. I can choose the dictionary with the
ListView on the right upper side but the content isn't displayed
correctly. There only are strange characters.
What is going wrong here? Is this an open issue already?

3. The source is new to me, so please give me a hint where the
toolbar is initialized and the buttons added.

4. How is distinguished what LF is to be choosen. Somewhere the
System and with this the needed L&F has to be identified.
Where do I have to look for this?

5. What is the difference between "bibledesktop-web" and "bibledesktop"

Sorry for the many questions. I hope I get to know the projects very
soon.

Best regards,
Manfred