[jsword-devel] Re: E-D: Bible gateway

Joe Walker joseph.walker at gmail.com
Sun May 15 02:45:57 MST 2005

For those that like to read from Strongs at Bible Class, you can always
press CTRL+A, CTRL+C and the flip to your word processor, paste, and then
delete all the bits you didn't want! Not ideal I know, I thought about
having a system where you click to see a strongs number, but I thought that
people wouldn't realise what to do.

The error message for the search for "the" is poor, but reflects the fact
that "the" is generally useless in searches so it is stripped out, leaving a
search for nothing, which fails. Another one for the todo list.

The data comes from the Sword project. (http://www.crosswire.org/) So mucked
up verses like the one you saw in the search come from there. The solution
is a long and tedious process that someone needs to go through. You could
get OSIS (XML Bible markup language) of the KJV including strongs numbers
and morphology marking from there.

Joe.