[jsword-devel] Lucene searching improved

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 26 19:31:09 MST 2005

Hi,

I have fixed the bug in the search where bread returned 20 results
rather than over 350.
The problem was that it was using a PassageTally to collect the results.
I changed the code to call book.createEmptyKeyList(). This uses the
user's choice of Passage. By default it is set to RocketPassage. Is
there a better default?

I also changed the indexing to save the verse reference as UnIndexed. As
it was the verse was being indexed and stored. I didn't see a need to
index the verse as it is indexed already. And the search logic never
searched against that Field.

I also changed BookData to skip the children of the <div> element that
are not <verse> elements. The call to getPlainText still gets and
indexes the non-verse text in the <verse> element.

Gen 18.5 in the KJV is an example.

In His Service,