[jsword-devel] Checkin

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 24 16:59:53 MST 2005

Hi,
    Well it has been a while since I have been able to work on JSword. I
have just checked in a bunch of little changes. Mostly adding a
serialVersionUID or updating the values to non-default ones.
    I also fixed a bug that was preventing me from doing downloads.
    I have been working on making the installer a bit more friendly by
categorizing books by language. I started it last August and have just
finished.
    I have tried to make the implementation a bit flexible, but it is
more like a leaning toward flexibility. What I wanted was to create a
generic way that a user could specify the order of book attributes that
they were interested in. That is for a later day. For now, I have "hard
coded" a grouping first by book type, then by language and finally by
book name.
    I had to re-write the tree of installed and available books. This
implementation uses some new classes:
       BookNode - (A grouped book that is or may be installed)
       Filter - A way of filtering objects.
       SortedListSet - implements List and Set maintaining a sorted
order of the objects within it.
       BookMetaDataSet - A set of books that may be easily be subsetted
by grouping and filters.

    In doing this I found a bug in the installer. I tried to install
"Ergane Afrikaans to English Glossary" and it failed. Seems that the
module code tries to compute where modules should be installed but uses
"DataPath" in the config to get the data. In this case, the two do not
agree. Seems like we should use the "DataPath" and not compute it. I'll
enter this into the bug tracker.

Later,