[jsword-devel] Big change to the Book Installer

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 27 19:24:38 MST 2005

I have finished a first pass (and if it is good enough, a final pass) at
rendering the module's conf in a friendlier manner in the installer.
This satisfies the following "bug" reports:
BD-16 Install: Cannot see all of the text on the "Values" column of the
table
Resolution: They now wrap properly, even when the window is resized.
BD-17 Install: "Keys" and "Values" are not very friendly column titles
Resolution: Removed column titles.
BD-18 Install: Replace the keys/values table with an HTML description of
the module
Resolution: see the description below.

Please give feedback.

Here is an overview:
The basic idea was to replace the JTable with a text area that could
display HTML.
The conf (i.e. BookMetaData) would be transformed into HTML.
Rather than implementing it directly in HTML, I transformed the conf
into an OSIS table and used the standard xsl (that we use to render the
Bible) to render it to HTML.
The basic method that I added to BookMetaData was:
public Document toOSIS();

I have tried to control the amount of whitespace around the cells.
I have tried to add horizontal lines.
And a few other things.
Without success.

The problem is that the HTML rendering of Java 1.4 leaves a lot to be
desired.