[jsword-devel] -Dswing.aatext=true improves font rendering in JDK 1.5

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 2 04:51:02 MST 2005

Willie,
    Thanks for this find. I did it a little differently as adding a
command line argument means that we have to change a lot of places.
Under options we have had a Yes/No choice for "Font Smoothing." I added
it to that code. The reason we did not make it a default or permanent
choice is that it can really slow the system down and on some systems,
antialiasing is said to look bad. For full effect, it has to be set to
yes when the application starts.
    It should be available in tomorrow's nightly build. Let me know how
it looks.
DM