[jsword-devel] lucene index and clcene index

hemant muthiyan hemant_muthiyan at yahoo.co.in
Mon Nov 15 00:32:39 MST 2004

Thanks Joe
After a thorough study of both the libraries, I reached at the solution.

Just for information,
The lucene(java version) creates the same number of files as clucene.
But lucene gives you a functionality to pack all those files into one single file.
This called as .cfs (compound file style format).

And clucene files are compatible with lucene version 1.3 .

Thanks for sending me links.
I will use this for dealing compatibility issues.
Have a nice day
Hemant Muthiyan.

Joe Walker <joseph.walker at gmail.com> wrote:
I think you will be much better off asking on the lucene devt list
about this. We are not working on lucene/clucene compatibility and
know nothing of the internals. Sorry.

Joining instructions:
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/mail.html

Archive: