[jsword-devel] jaxb is dead long live jdom

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Wed May 12 07:57:25 MST 2004

Great work! I have made a few other cleanup changes and have attached a
patch which does the following:
(I am listing all the changes, because I think it may be easier to just
do the same rather than trying to patch. And I don't think that request
to delete binary files actually work.)

bibledesktop:
  etc/bin/jsword.sh
	changed a comment regarding endorsed.dirs and JAXB
  etc/jnlp/bibledesktop.jnlp
	removed jaxb jars and resource.jar.
	changed jsword-swing.jar to bibledesktop.jar

common:
   core.xml removed references to jaxb jars.

jsword:
   removed the following jars:
	jar/jaxb-1.0
	jar/jaxbendorsed-1.0
	jar/xalan25d1
   in java/jsword/org/crosswire/jsword/book
	removed JAXBSAXEventProvider.java
	removed JAXBUtil.java
	deleted JAXB references in Msg.java
	deleted static initialization of JAXB in OSISUtil.java
	modified comment in ParentLocator.java
   in java/jsword/org/crosswire/jsword/book/filter
	deleted JAXB references in Msg.java
   in java/jsword/org/crosswire/jsword/book/filter/gbf
	deleted JAXB references in Msg.java
   in java/jsword/org/crosswire/jsword/book/filter/osis
	modified comment in package.html
   in java/jswordtest/org/crosswire/jsword/book/
	removed comment referring to JAXB initialization in ReadEverything.java
   in resource/org.crosswire.jsword.book.Msg.properties
	changed JAXBUtil to OSISUtil
   in jsword.library
	removed references to jaxb libraries

jsword-support:
   removed the following zips:
	othersource/jaxb-api-src.zip
	othersource/xalan-j_2_5_D1-src.zip
	othersource/Xerces-J-src.2.3.0.zip
   tools/findbugs070/build.xml
	removed jaxb jars and jsword-osis jar
	Made a few other changes but this still does not work.

On another note:
In jsword there are jbuilder files which are very out of date. Is there
any reason to keep them? Won't someone need to start over anyway, since
the massive refactoring?
The files in question are:
	jsword.jpx
	jsword.jpx.local