[jsword-devel] Releases

Joe Walker jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 15:32:36 +0100

--------------080403010609080508010208

DM Smith wrote:
>> The reason resources is kept separate, and unpacked is so that
>> advanced users can edit the properties files, which gives you a
>> primitive plug-in architecture.
>
> Maybe we can have ResourceUtil do a lookup first in the ~/.jsword for
> the named file and then proceed as before. It would be easiest if we can
> modify the classpath programmatically to have it at the beginning of the
> path. Otherwise we would need to roll our own. With this the
> resource.jar does not need to be unpacked.

Added note to bugs.txt, and attached it (by dragging from eclipse to
mozilla, impressed that worked - I wasn't expecting it to).

Joe.

--------------080403010609080508010208

This file is our equivalent of bugzilla for the time being, it is also our
roadmap for the next few releases:

We are here

- check recent bug fixes have not spoilt JNLP

RELEASE v0.9.7

Swing
- status bar re-size (is this still bothering people?)
- check i18n basic works
- make debugger options only display if advanced user is set in options

BookData Display
- BHS does not display the text in the right order.
  Each verse is shown RtoL, which is correct, but the verses are ordered from LtoR.
  Also the verse numbers need to be at the beginning of the verse, which is on the right
- Vines shows internal markup around verse references.

Sword
- unsupported Bibles are displayed in Bible list

Other
- split out swing packages, call Bible Desktop
- split out web stuff, call jsword-web?
- what version of findbugs do we use

Web
- auto test for web demo
- multiple jnlp releases
- restructured wrt the download and installation.

Install
- save install sites

SwingUI
- make more like jnlp
  make ResourceUtil do a lookup first in the ~/.jsword for the named file?
  modify the classpath to have ~/.jsword/? at the beginning of the path / roll our own classloader.
- check it works

RELEASE v0.9.8

- major bug fixes only

RELEASE v0.9.9

- emergency bug fixes only

POST 1.0

Swing
- full internationalization
- lighter weight i18n via ant?
- help screens
- recreate module creator/tester
- merge dict/comment to form reference pane
- implement print
- FOP/PDF export

Modules
- Sword GenBook
- re-Add the delete module button

General
- Make config use Preferences
- OSIS 2
- think about replacements for JAXB (JiBX, JaxME, JDOM, XOM, DOM, etc)
- other application installation systems (rpm, deb, nullsoft, msi, etc)

BookData Display
- Mixed language text support (like Kittel's or Vines).
- Interlinear for text having strongs numbers.
- Parallel texts (Bible || Bible, Bible || Commentary, Bible || Dictionary)

--------------080403010609080508010208--