[jsword-devel] Releases

Joe Walker jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 15:13:00 +0100

DM Smith wrote:
> JNLP delivers just binary. I think it is sufficient. (I'm a bit biased)
> CVS delivers source, but a whole lot more. I think if we were to create
> src zips along with the jars and put them in the nightly jnlp directory
> that would be good.
>
> As a matter of delivery structure for the batch envrionment it is:
>     bin/
>     lib/
>     resource/
>
> for jnlp it is
>     jnlp/
>
> If we build:
>     bin/ with the shell scripts
>     lib/ with signed jars (including resource.jar) and jnlp file
>
> this would merge the two into one directory structure in the build, on
> the website and for those that want to download and run locally, from
> local disk.

How about we merge bin/ and lib/ too, is there a good reason to keep
them separate?

The reason resources is kept separate, and unpacked is so that advanced
users can edit the properties files, which gives you a primitive plug-in
architecture.

Maybe we could have the batch files use resource.jar or resource/
whichever is present.

> I think that the website should also be restructured wrt the download
> and installation.

Added to bugs.txt

Joe.