[jsword-devel] misc patch

Joe Walker jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 27 Mar 2004 13:18:36 +0000

DM Smith wrote:

> I have a patch for CommentaryPane and for simple.xsl.
>
> For CommentaryPane, I got rid of cmds and used the model for the
> commentary JComboBox. This solved the problem of not being able to use
> a Commentary immediately after installing.

Good one, that makes things simpler.

> There still remains a problem that the view area does not display the
> commentary for Genesis 1.1 on start up. I had added code to do that
> (it is about 2 lines) but it made the main window fill up the whole
> screen. (I took it back out.) I think the solution would be to set
> preferredSize on the main window.

Is that actually a problem?
And when working how would it interact with the thread that loads the
jaxb classes which would be required to display the commentary text?
My guess is that the VM must synchronize classloading so the threads
will just complete at the same time. However it will lock up the whole
UI preventing you from doing anything else - in which case the display
pre-load thread could be taken out. (See Desktop.preload())

> For simple.xsl, I put a comma and a space between adjacent notes in
> the display of verses, I made the sidebar of notes conditional on
> whether there were notes (This is especially needed for the display of
> commentaries and dictionaries/readings) and I changed a non-breaking
> space to a regular one to solve a line break issue w/ adjacent notes.

Excellent. Thanks for fixing the adjacent notes problem. Looking at the
solution it would have taken me a while, especially since my Michael Kay
XSLT book is out on loan!

I've also applied the sword installer patch.

The nightly build hasn't been working properly so I'm fixing that.

Joe.