[jsword-devel] Still lost in source

DM Smith jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 18:02:48 -0500

>From: Joe Walker <joe@eireneh.com>
>
>Excellent, thanks for trimming the jar files down, sorry I was a bit slow
>applying it. I've done the next step and moved all the mapper files to
>their own project entirely, called biblemapper. I've put the sword-api
>compile steps back in so that anyone using ant as their primary build tool
>will keep them up to date. They are still out of the jars though. Does this
>make sense?

Yep!

>I've not included some of the changes to use ${ant.project.name} changes
>for 2 reasons, firstly because the point of using the abstract version, was
>originally to make the build file more re-usable, but as soon as we start
>deciding how to cut things up, we are getting fairly un-reusable - so I
>value simplicity more. Also as we move to more separated projects,
>${ant.project.name} will change, and the jar file names won't make much
>sense then. Please shout if you disagree.

I am fine with this.

>I've also named the jar targets jar.foo rather than foo.jar so they group
>together in alphabetical listings like the ant view in eclipse.
>
>Do you know if the jar.notrequired property is a currently buggy because
>ant properties are immutable when set?

I saw this property, but I don't know what it does.  I have read the ant
docs but I am a novice. I am pretty good at modifying according to a
pattern.

>I've added the following:
>    <j2se version="1.4+" max-heap-size="256m"/>
>to the .jnlp file because I was getting the following error from the
>website:
>    No JRE version found in launch file for this system

I was pretty sure that the 1.4+ was needed.
Don't you want to set the min-heap-size to 256.
I think the max needs to be higher. I have run out of memory when trying to
index a bible, via search.

>I also experimented with adding a DOCTYPE for a bit of validation, not sure
>if it will break anything...

I don't think it will. Unless it has entity definitions or the parser
validates the doc, I think of it as syntatic xml sugar