[jsword-devel] Another patch

Joe Walker joe at eireneh.com
Wed Jun 30 00:29:57 MST 2004


Just realized that I applied the patch a while ago and forgot to say.
Thanks, lots of improvements.


DM Smith wrote:
> Joe,
> I have merged your changes and have prepared another patch.
> This patch has a bunch of bug fixes and updates.
> Whenever moving the mouse (mouse enter, mouse move, mouse leave) over a
> checkbox, the checkbox listener was fired. The upshot is that
> unnecessary work was being repeated.
> ChangeListner listens for all changes concerning a checkbox not just
> whether it is set or cleared. ItemListner does just that.
> Changed code:
>     DisplaySelectPane
>     ExceptionPane
> I improved ExceptionPane to show file name and line number even when 
> there is source. Ultimately, the line should be highlighted.
> In Desktop.java the hyperlink listener was on the list twice. I removed
> one of them.
> Hebrew text display now works correctly. To do this the following had to
> be done:
>   o Compute and store the orientation of the language in BookMetaData.
>     (Note, this uses Sw*ng to compute it. So this may need changing.)
>   o Each time a passage viewed, set the viewer's ComponentOrientation.
>   o Pass the orientation to the XSLT.
> This caused a bunch of code to change:
> DesktopActions passes orientation to the XLST.
> TextPaneBookDataDisplay passes orientation to the XSLT.
> simple.xsl was changed:
>   to accept an orientation
>   to use it to change the layout of the table when there are notes
>   I also improved this table's layout in general.
> BookMetaData I added boolean isLeftToRight()
> DefaultBookMetaData I had it return true and added a task to do it right
> SwordBookMetaData computes the value of isLeftToRight.
> Fixed bugs in Msg.properties where ever it occurred:
> In a MsgFormat a single apostrophe ' is an indicator that everything
> between it and the next, if there is one, is to be treated as a literal.
> The symptom that led me to this was that the {0} and {1} for an
> Exception pane were showing up. To have a single quote, you use two in a
> row.
> I also un-escaped double quotes. I think this was an artifact of moving
> the strings from code to a resource bundle.
> I also fixed a cut and paste error in a Msg.properties.
> Based on the earlier thread for EventListenerList, I put it back to the
> non-Sw*ng version in non-Sw*ng code.
> Removed "RealFont" from ConfigurableSwingConverter as it was not used.
> Changed ViewSourcePane to copy from the selected tab.
> In PathField I changed the "do" methods to have the expected names:
>   doAddEntry -> doAddPathEntry
>   doUpdateEntry -> doUpdatePathEntry
>   doRemoveEntry -> doRemovePathEntry
> In StringUtil I removed methods that have direct equivalents in apache
> commons and methods that are not used at all.
> Fixed a bug in ExceptionPane and did some general improvements.
> In MapTable I got rid of a couple of error messages by replacing them
> with asserts.
> In Project.java I moved a couple of unused/dead symbolic constants to
> the new limbo/.../BookRoot.
> There were too many places in the code that were doing the conversion of
> the byte array to a String.
> I changed the signature in Backend of
>     byte[] getRawText(Key)
> to
>     String getRawText(Key key, String charset)
> In support of this I added
> String SwordUtil.decode(Key key, byte[] data, String charset)
> and
> String SwordUtil.clean(Key key, String data)
> In both cases Key is being passed for reporting purposes only.
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> _______________________________________________
> jsword-devel mailing list
> jsword-devel at crosswire.org
> http://www.crosswire.org/mailman/listinfo/jsword-devel

More information about the jsword-devel mailing list