[jsword-devel] View Source

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 6 20:06:01 MST 2004

I think that I made the comment. To the best of my memory:

Part of the problem was that what was presented had problems. The HTML
showed a lossy rendition (i.e. no styles) as it was requested from the
document. It was not what was provided to the document. I have not
looked at it but I think you have changed it to be the code as generated
by the stylesheet.

The GHTML only showed the text and not the generated html.

The OSIS showed correctly.

The other problem was that it was context sensitive and it was not clear
what the chosen context was. From my perspective, I always wanted to
have a view source of the bible text. But sometimes it was of the
dict/reading window and sometimes of the commentary window. All
depending on what was the current view.

I think that show source is useful, but more so to advanced users (so
perhaps an advanced option)

I think that if the problems are overcome, then it becomes much more
friendly.