[jsword-devel] [Fwd: CVS Repositories]

Joe Walker joe at eireneh.com
Fri Jul 30 04:46:27 MST 2004

I've loaded the subclipse plugin and it seems to work OK so far against
the svn store used for subclipse.
Checkout was a little clunky, but that was probably because I don't
store projects in my workspace. It doesn't do synchronize, but
everything else is there, including "Resource History". It looks like
they've used a lot of CVS team code and done s/cvs/svn/g on it!

I *think* the security issue is with 1.0.5 server, so the clients are
not affected, and if we use webdav then there is fairly much
standardized client/server protocol so old clients ought to work with
newer servers.

I had a dig around and found a cvs2svn program that I have sent details
of to Troy, so if we do decide to go ahead we should be able to keep the
history.

This is short notice for me too. I guess I should have been reading
sword-devel more closely. We probably have an option to ask Troy to keep
our repo in CVS, but we need to a) make a case, and b) soon!

My current feeling is that I'd like to see history move to SVN, but if
that happens then the hassle is probably worth it in the long term.

Joe.