[jsword-devel] PersonalJava version of JSword

Joe Walker jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 06 Jan 2004 22:15:13 +0000

Aleksander Rozman - Andy wrote:
> You would probably have to rewrite jsword.view.swing.desktop... Here is
> most of the GUI. You would probably have to use awt or special graphical
> classes, right? I think that quite a lot of code would have to be
> rewriten. You must keep in mind that bible is very big about 3mb
> compressed...

This tweaked a memory cell or 2.
There is a module driver called RAW (an alternative to Sword modules)
that was designed to save space using dictionaries. I managed to get a
Bible text down to 1.5 Mb, however the code hasn't been touched for a
long time and certainly requires some work.

Joe.