[jsword-devel] Program installer and install package

Aleksander Rozman - Andy jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 02 Feb 2004 16:50:53 +0100

At 1.2.2004, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Sounds good.
>I wondered if this might help anywhere?
>http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/launcher/index.html
>They are refactoring the tomcat startup scripts out of tomcat.
>It wouldn't give you an uninstaller I suppose...
>
>My other idea might not be much use: It occurred to me that the people
>running irate.sf.net (a java based music player/collaborative rating
>system) might have some clues as to how to get java installers working.

Hi Joe and Mark !

It's nice to use java installer, but you must have java first, so this
would be no use for people who would like to install our application
without having any prior java instalation... or prior java knowledge...

Mark I will send you what I have so far, and what you need to download and
install to create working sollution. I made package without JVM, but I have
some pointers as to what to do to create package with JVM...

Andy