[jsword-devel] Confusion and Whining

Brent Nemmers nemmers at mindspring.com
Fri Dec 17 11:22:31 MST 2004

I was working on a user manual for the 0.9.8 version and could not get the search functionality to work (which may have been a brain cramp on my part).  However, I decided to update the code to get a more recent version (hoping to eliminate any bugs that might let me off the hook for a brain cramp).  Unfortunately, I cannot get the code to compile and run after repeated tries of updating and even reloading the projects (bibledesktop, common, jsword).   So, I decided to just run the webstart version to continue the documentation process.   The good news is that it runs.  So ends the good news for the day.  The current webstart version has a vastly different appearance, even though it still says it is 0.9.8.  It looks like the webstart version is either a very outdated GUI or it is a partial implementation of a new one.  I am quite confused.  What is 'ground truth' here?