[jsword-devel] Screen shots

Mark Goodwin goodwinster at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 08:58:40 MST 2004

I made an attempt at creating plain HTML pages for use in generating
image galleries for the website.  Unfortunately igal is way to fussy
about it's template files to let us do exactly what we want.  I have a
feeling that my best effort for the day won't be good enough; here are
the files:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mr_goodwin/bibledesktop/shots.tar.gz

There are a few problems; the most significant ones are:
1) igal breaks when I attempt to put quotes around element attributes.
2) igal breaks when I try to alter the case of element names.
3) igal breaks when I try to remove the hard coded css style sheet name.
4) The element names for the markup around thumbnails in the index
page are hard coded in the source and not part of the template.

It seems the first three are due to the fact that the igal code uses
more than just the capitalised comments to get information on where it
is in a slide template.

I've been using a slightly hacked version of igal 1.4; I've modified
it to allow for non-hidden template, thumbnail and tile files.   If
anyone fancies getting a headache from some Perl, you can get it here:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mr_goodwin/bibledesktop/igal2.tar

If not, I may find time to look at it next week.

The alternative to having igal generate pages for XSLing to the final
form would be to have the templates look like the desired XSLed
output; I've had some success with this in the past.

If you would like to see the current set of screen shots in plain old
default igal styles, here they are.

Windows screen shots:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mr_goodwin/bibledesktop/shots/win
Mac screen shots:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mr_goodwin/bibledesktop/shots/mac

If anyone wants, I can do some Linux ones too*.

HTH.

MarkG

*Anyone know if Sun is planning on doing anything about the "Swing is
really ugly under X" thing?  The fonts, in particular, are just
shocking.  You'd think what with the whole JDS thing they'd at least
try and do something about it!