[jsword-devel] Bible Desktop Comments

Joe Walker joseph.walker at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 01:02:22 MST 2004

I think we need a better bug tracker than bugs.txt, because I bet my
edits will crash with yours, and because leading up to 1.0  it will
become important that we can prioritize our work.

Options I can think of:
- Install bugzilla at crosswire
- Install scarab at crosswire
- Install jira at crosswire (http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/)
- Use the bugzilla that we have at sourceforge There are 3 SF projects
that we have, ProjectB, J-Sword (not set up by me, not even sure if
I'm an admin) and BibleDesktop (unused other that to book the name)
- Try to get an account at tigris.org or java.net to use their
instance of Scarab.
- Find someone willing to host Jira for us.

My experience of buzilla/scarab/jira is between small and
non-existent. I've setup bugzilla and scarab at work. Bugzilla is easy
on Linux, Scarab is somewhat harder.

The Scarab UI is probably better than the Buzilla one, and from the
Jira demo, it is way ahead of both of them.

I don't have strong feelings that we ought to use an OSS one - mostly
because, of the time I spend on this project, I want to minimize the
non-productive time. If we spend ages messing with scarab (or
something) then I'm not working on J-Sword, but if others do have
strong feelings then I'm not going to argue too much.

Thoughts?