[jsword-devel] updates

Mark Goodwin goodwinster at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 04:06:43 MST 2004

Agreed, a wizard is the way forward...

It looks great.  Putting my 'managed to stay awake during at least one
HCI lecture at uni' hat on, I can see a couple of things we might want
to look at:

1) Perhaps we should tell the new users where in the tools menu they
can go to install books (see attachment).  Pedantic, perhaps, but a
new program is a bewildering thing to lots of people.

2)  The books dialogue appears a) on the wrong tab, and b) with no
book metadata available.  This means that users have to realise not
only that this 'crosswire' tab is where they go to get bibles that
aren't already installed, but that they need to 'refresh' this list
(that wasn't populated in the first place).

I didn't look at how to fix point 2, and I'm not sure I'll have time
today,  Do you reckon it's worth looking at?

A final thought; do you think renaming the 'Crosswire' tab to
'Internet' (at least while we only ship with a single remote installer
/ location) would help new users?

HTH

MarkG