[jsword-devel] Usability testing ...

Don Parris evangelinux at matheteuo.org
Wed Aug 25 18:59:58 MST 2004

---------- Original Message -------------
Subject: Re: [jsword-devel] Usability testing ...
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 20:41:21 -0400
From: DM Smith <dmsmith555 at yahoo.com>

Don,<br>
The pulling up of the entire chapter when clicking on a verse in the
side bar is a bug that has been fixed. Now what you click on  is what
you see. You can multiselect to show several verse ranges at the same
time.<br>
You can get the nightly build or wait for 0.9.8 to be released (which
will be very soon)<br>
-----------
I see about the bug.  Actually, I'm kind of glad it was a bug, not a design shortcoming. :)  I can probably wait for 0.9.8, though I suppose I could learn to use CVS.
-----------
I hope to figure out how to do highlighting in the passage display
area. I have done it in several different programming languages and
even in Java, but not w/ a HTML document. I am thinking that search
terms should be highlighted as well as the verse at the center of a
"blur".<br>
-----------
That works.
-----------

The notion of context being part of the translation is an interesting
problem. The greatest problem is that the translations are inconsistent
in their markup, even when they use the same standard. Finding context
markers is difficult. Finding inconsistent ones is not likely.<br>
-----------
I figured that would be a serious challenge.

Writing help would be greatly appreciated!<br>
I'll get to work on it.  Just don't expect miracles. :)

Don

--
DC Parris  GNU Evangelist
http://matheteuo.org/