[jsword-devel] Usability testing ...

Joe Walker joseph.walker at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 15:48:38 MST 2004

Don Parris wrote:
> I might add that it would be useful for users to see in the Books dialogue
> just how big a module is before they decide to download it.  Not a big deal
> if you have broadband, but a lot of folks - like me - still use dial-up.
> Imagine my surprise when I discover that module I want is 8MB, rather than
> the more typical 1-4MB.

I'll add it to bugs.txt

> I agree with Mark on the sidebar.  As a minister, I think it's really nice -
> I can select the verses that I think are most relevant to my search (I may
> already have some idea of what I'm looking for).  The problem I have is that
>   clicking on a verse does not produce what I would have expected.
>
> For example, searching on the word neighbor brought up Acts 7:27.  Clicking
> on Acts 7:27 pulled up the whole of Chapter 7.  I would have expected to see
> v. 27 at the top of the result pane.  It would even be useful to see it in
> its context in the result pane - i.e., within the passage it belongs to.

I assume you mean within the sidebar? Could be tricky but it might fit
in with the updated reference panel that I've been pondering for a
while.

Did you know you can select several verses to see them all at the same
time by pressing ctrl while clicking?

Thanks for all the comments,