[jsword-devel] Christian Linux Live CD was Re: [sword-devel] console cf LCD bible

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 13 06:17:43 MST 2004

Davy,
	Let's take this thread over to the JSword list.
Once you connect to CVS in Eclipse, do a build for jsword-web.
If you use the "all" target, it will take some time, but you will find
everything in the jsword-web/target/ant/web/jnlp directory.

The third party jars that we use are:
173KB commons-lang-2.0.jar
147KB commons-net-1.1.0.jar
150KB jdom.jar (version 1.0 b10)
124KB jlfgr-1_0.jar
362KB log4j-1.2.8.jar
27KB  tar.jar (version 2.5 of jtar)
106KB winlaf-0.4.jar

You will see lucene-1.3-final.jar, but the program as delivered does not
use it. It would require a change to the program properties, to specify
a lucene plugin.

I mention these because you may have already included these in your
distribution. We frequently upgrade to the latest and greatest, and some
of these have more recent versions. I imagine that it will run just fine
with more recent versions and perhaps with earlier versions.

The JSword jars are
300KB bibledesktop.jar
242KB common.jar
407KB jsword.jar

So JSword itself is actually less than 1M!

Also present is jsword.sh, which is the shell script to run the program
on Linux.

Let me know which, if any of these you want me to e-mail to you directly.

I would suggest waiting until we release 0.9.8 before creating your
distribution. But only the JSword jars should change.

When you test JSword, please post your results. I especially am
interested in how long it takes to build a search index to a Bible.
JSword will build one when you do your first search. I've tweaked it so
it is acceptable to me on my fast machine.