[jsword-devel] Build is broken

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 28 10:59:21 MST 2004

Turns out I am dead in the water until the build is fixed.
So it is a priority for me too. And I am playing with getting something
to work for me. It is gutted of all the really nice add-ons :(

One thing that I found is that there is a circular dependency between
common/java/core and common/java/swing. Both include the other.

To me this indicates a problem with the layout. I think we should either
combine the two or move all the swing in core to swing. I can see both
ways. If it is all put in 1 jar it is pretty small. So having it in two
jars is not necessary. Having it in two jars means that someone wanting
to use just the non-gui stuff will have a smaller set of code to work with.

In my workspace, I played with putting all the sw*ng stuff under sw*ng.
It works well.

I have read how to chain ant builds. Looks pretty easy.