[jsword-devel] Another i18n patch

DM Smith dmsmith555 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 27 15:06:47 MST 2004

I have done a lot of work on i18n and other stuff as I came across it.

There is still a lot to do before starting translations. There are 21
Msg.java that still need to be split to a corresponding Msg.properties file.

Here is an overview of what I did:
Added a new tag DEAD to tags.txt and marked classes as dead that are not
currently used (directly or indirectly) by bibledesktop. My thought in
marking them is that there have been significant changes to the code and
these have not been tested. When the time comes to use them, they will
need to be thoroughly tested. I have been burnt too many times by using
dead code that I thought was live and tested by practical use.

I split a bunch of Msg.java into corresponding Msg.properties.

I got rid of project.properties and removed getName, getVersion and
getResource from Project.java. (I replaced the latter with ResourceUtil)
I moved getName and getVersion into desktop/Msg

I fixed a few initialization bugs, which I mentioned in an earlier email.

I fixed the bibledesktop-app-desktop.launch and .classpath so I could
run the code. I also removed the -D argument and upped the max mem to 512.

I renamed some jbInit() to init() or initialize(). I was not consistent.

I fixed all of the comments that referred to ...jsword.view.sw*ng.

I added ButtonActionFactory to common/config/swing and modified the
classes in the package to use it.

I eliminated the last use of BackportUtil and deleted the file.

I replaced PassageUtil.tokenize with apache's StringUtils.split.

I did the todo in BibleInfo and removed the resource bundle from
PassageUtil. BibleInfo now gets its book names from BibleInfo.properties
and from OSISNames.properties. The latter will not need to be
internationalized.