[jsword-devel] Web Demo causes error...

Joe Walker joe at eireneh.com
Mon Apr 26 14:19:07 MST 2004

Cory Teri wrote:

> has anyone tried the web demo of jsword? everytime i try it i get an
> Error 500 page. Also, the jsword 0.9.7 binaries, how exactly do you run
> them, i tried the batch files but they don't seem to work in windows ME,
> although it could be cause when i burned them to cd they were set to
> read only and stuff, but i dunno:( ok, i'm done rambling now so i'll go...

I know about the webdemo. Sorry. If I could just clone a few Java
developers, we wouldn't have this problem!

If you are any good at editing .bat files then it probably could do with
a very simple tweak to get %JSWORD_HOME% properly. Do you know anything
about editing .bat files?

Under NT/2K/XP there are a few macros to file the current directory, but
I think these are missing from ME, so I'm half not surprise that you are
having problems.