[jsword-devel] Splash Screen

Joe Walker joe at eireneh.com
Mon Apr 26 14:10:33 MST 2004

DM Smith wrote:
> The spash screen (splash.png) contains the text JSword.
>
> Since the name is changing to Bible Desktop, it will need to change.
>
> Do we have the original image without the text?
>
> I think that it would be best to separate the image and the text and put
> the image in a canvas and put the text on top of it programmatically.

That's a good idea.
The original is the .xar files, (Corel Xara, vector graphics) although I
think the app doesn't have long life.

I've created a version without the JSword text for now.

I wrote to someone that produced almost free icon replacements (the GANT
icon set) to see if we could redistribute one of his book icons, but no.
We are missing things like jnlp splash screens too. I'll perhaps morph
what we have around a bit.