[jsword-devel] Re: OSIS parse error inspection KJV 1769

Norbert Ploett jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 16 Apr 2004 23:00:14 +0200

Joe,

> The problem is that the resp element used in the Sword KJV module is not
> part of any OSIS ever released, and since we use JAXB as a parser which

I take it, then, that the people who did the KJV module made it in a format
which is pretty nearly  OSIS, but not quite. And you, in the jsword project
have committed yourselves strictly to using the OSIS schema?

In jsword.jar I saw there is even an interface for "Resp". So the only problem
is that jaxb gets a schema to work with which does not contain this element.
Is that correct? Is the schema simply an embedded XML schema (*.xsd) file? In
that case it would be sufficient for me to make a local patch to that file.

But probably things are more complicated?

> can't help thinking that the real problem is JAXB, so the real solution
> is to use something else...

> The next temporary fix is to write a SAX filter to strip out resp
> attributes.

Sounds like quite a bit of work, which will take quite a bit of time until it
can be done. Maybe we can think of another way to help me out.

Bye

Norbert