[jsword-devel] Eclipse

DM Smith jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 16 Apr 2004 09:02:26 -0400

Cory Knox wrote:

>i don't know if this is the right place, but...

This is the right place if you intend to do JSword development using
Eclipse. JSword can be developed under any Java IDE (I suppose) but the
project files have been checked into CVS so it is straight forward to use
it.

Everything that is needed for JSword development is contained in CVS.

JSword is being developed under Java 1.4.x so make sure that you have that.
Java 1.3 won't work.

>I've been looking at eclipse, and i am curious as to how i would go about
>getting eclipse and any needed add-ons, i mean i have downloaded eclipse,
>but do i need anything else, do i need to download java again, i formatting
>my laptop and installed ME, so i need to get everything back onto it, and i
>found my cd-rw's so i can keep copying stuff to it:)

You can get Eclipse at www.eclipse.org. There seem to be some problems with
Eclipse 3 M8, but M7 works well. That is, if you want the beta. Otherwise
get the latest version of Eclipse 2.

You don't need anything else to get started. There may be other plugins that
you might want at a later date. For example, Eclipse does not come ready for
the J2EE party. It does not have a web server or a j2ee container.

Travel Guide! http://special.msn.com/local/springtravel.armx