[jsword-devel] updates

Joe Walker jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 11 Apr 2004 12:59:24 +0100

Hi,

I'm down to 87 i18n strings to go. These however are the gnarly ones.
These are mostly ones with mnemonics, so just blindly putting them into
Msg won't work. The options that I can see are:
- take off the mnemonics
- move the mnemonics into the Msg file as well
- turn these instances into Actions

Any opinions?

I've also removed LogicError and replaced with assert everywhere. I'd
like to know if I've done it wrong anywhere. I've tried to make it so
that generally speaking if asserts are turned off (the default) then
something sensible happens.

I've also edited the launchers to add a -ea to the command line to
enable assertions. My understanding is that this only enables assertions
in non-system classes. Does anyone know how to enable them for system
classes too?

We also need to fix the nightly build - I need to add some assertion
switches, however the urgency for this is behind the urgency to fix the
bizarre startup error that I'm getting at the moment!

Joe.