[jsword-devel] Compiling from source...

Joe Walker jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 04 Apr 2004 23:31:14 +0100

DM Smith wrote:
> I currently am using the Eclipse IDE (www.eclipse.org) version 3
> milestone 7.

m8 contains the new look and feel which is way better if you have a
smaller screen. and nice otherwise, however my perception is that it is
buggier than m7. the whole synchronize thing is broken for me and a few
other niggles

> With it you just connect Eclipse to the JSword CVS repository and it it
> does the rest for you.
> The reason for this is that all the project files that Eclipse needs are
> in CVS as well.
>
> JSword may be set up for other IDEs but I don't know.

JBuilder project files are there, and Together I think, however the
Together files should probably be deleted, because I doubt they work now.

I've tried a few times with NetBeans, but never got past the initial
hurdle. Every other ide on the planet deals with projects, but netbeans
has some wierd "import filesystem" concept.

Sorry if I'm being negative about your fave IDE, but I guess i've never
spent enough time to get in the right mindset.

Joe.