[jsword-devel] Books.installed() throws java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

Norbert Plött jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 2 Apr 2004 20:13:58 +0200

DM,

> What is your classpath? I want to see what jars you are using.
> The log4j message indicates that resource.jar is not on your path.
> There may be other problems.

Resource.jar was in fact missing.
Now here is my command line (Unix shell script):
<=============
JARDIR=/home/nploett/Java_Prog/BibleStat/src/de/nops/BibleStat/jar

/usr/lib/java/bin/java -Xdebug \
-cp ~/Java_Prog/BibleStat/src:\
$JARDIR/commons-lang-2.0.jar:\
$JARDIR/jsword.jar:\
$JARDIR/jsword-osis.jar:\
$JARDIR/log4j-1.2.7.jar:\
$JARDIR/resource.jar:\
$JARDIR/jaxb-api.jar:\
$JARDIR/jaxb-libs.jar:\
$JARDIR/jaxb-ri.jar:\
$JARDIR/jdom.jar:\
$JARDIR/log4j-1.2.7.jar:\
$JARDIR/tar.jar \
de.nops.BibleStat.Gui.BibleStatGui
===============>
Here is the console output. Seems to be something about missing german (de_DE)
resources. Hope you can make something of it.
<==============
readPlainText() started
Start readPlainText()
age.PassageUtil(DEBUG) No custom resource found: Can't find bundle for base
name org.crosswire.jsword.passage.Passage, locale de_DE
ssage.BibleInfo(DEBUG) Can't find resource for 'books_long_1' in Locale
'de_DE'
ssage.BibleInfo(DEBUG) Can't find resource for 'books_short_1' in Locale
'de_DE'
ssage.BibleInfo(DEBUG) Can't find resource for 'books_alt_1' in Locale 'de_DE'
ssage.BibleInfo(DEBUG) Can't find resource for 'books_long_2' in Locale
'de_DE'
ssage.BibleInfo(DEBUG) Can't find resource for 'books_short_2' in Locale
'de_DE'
ssage.BibleInfo(DEBUG) Skipping further reports of missing resources.
n.util.Reporter(DEBUG) Failed to load all resources correctly, using defaults.
n.util.Reporter(WARN ) Nothing to listen to report: message=Failed to load all
resources correctly, using defaults.
ress.JobManager(DEBUG) job starting: Job Title
il.ResourceUtil(DEBUG) Found 2 implementors of
org.crosswire.jsword.book.BookDriver
word.book.Books(DEBUG) begin auto-registering 2 drivers:
on.progress.Job(DEBUG) Predicting 868ms (17-79%) for section Registering
Driver: ReadingsBookDriver
word.book.Books(DEBUG) begin registering driver:
org.crosswire.jsword.book.readings.ReadingsBookDriver
word.book.Books(DEBUG) end registering driver:
org.crosswire.jsword.book.readings.ReadingsBookDriver
on.progress.Job(DEBUG) Predicting 287ms (79-100%) for section Registering
Driver: SwordBookDriver
SwordBookDriver(DEBUG) Starting Sword drivers
word.book.Books(DEBUG) begin registering driver:
org.crosswire.jsword.book.sword.SwordBookDriver
SwordBookDriver(DEBUG) mods.d directory at /home/nploett/.jsword/mods.d does
not exist
word.book.Books(DEBUG) end registering driver:
org.crosswire.jsword.book.sword.SwordBookDriver
ress.JobManager(DEBUG) job finished: Job Title
Exception:null
de.nops.BibleStat.Gui.BibleStatGui.readPlainText at BibleStatGui.java : 143
de.nops.BibleStat.Gui.BibleStatGui.jMenuItemTestActionPerformed at
BibleStatGui.java : 94
de.nops.BibleStat.Gui.BibleStatGui.access$200 at BibleStatGui.java : 35
de.nops.BibleStat.Gui.BibleStatGui$3.actionPerformed at BibleStatGui.java : 77
javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed at AbstractButton.java : 1786
(... more swing and awt stuff ...)
java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run at EventDispatchThread.java : 100
readPlainText() ended

Greets

Norbert