[jsword-devel] New Release

Joe Walker jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 08:38:34 +0000

The > signs are a right pain. The problem is that the HTML renderer that
comes with Swing is virtually useless. No JavaScript, XHTML, CSS, poor
table support, etc, etc. And the > are a hangover from the renderer
being sooo poor.

I'm reluctant to spend ages working around Sun's bugs so I've tended to
ignore the OSIS -> HTML conversion process a bit waiting for an HTML
renderer that is up to something.

I've found that JDK 1.5 is supposed to have a good renderer, and there
isn't a lot of other options.
I've looked at http://sourceforge.net/projects/jxwb which was supposed
to have a renderer but doesn't yet
http://jazilla.sourceforge.net looks promising, but is probably only
slightly better than the JDK version, and not likely to keep up with
Sun, and the docs are poor.
There was a component that was part of NetBeans, but that has been
dropped (and merged with Jazilla, I think)

Anyone heard of any others?

As for the links the idea is that they show up stuff in other panes. So
a strongs number will take you to a sensible place etc. I know about it
and hope to fix it in this release.

Joe.