[jsword-devel] Problems Running jsword in Mac OS X

Joe Walker jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 22:52:29 +0000

Hi,

I don't have access to a Mac so it isn't easy for me to test. config.xml
should be in resources so that is right. It is being accessed via the
classpath so there is obviously some problem setting that up under macosx.
How were you running jsword? Did you get an icon to click on? and can
you tell what that does?
There is a startup script in jsword/bin/jsword.sh which should set the
classpath correctly, maybe that is worth a try.

With the error message is there a details checkbox? and if so can you
tell me what the first line of the exception is?
And do you have access to any sort of startup log? We currently print
quite a lot of stuff to the console as we start up, if you could cut and
paste that into an email it might help.

There may be a lot of things to try there, and not all of them may work
or be easy, but any extra info you can give me will help.
Thanks,

Joe.