[jsword-devel] New Release

Nic Carter jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 11 Nov 2003 10:44:54 +0800

Hi there Joe and co.  :)

Just tried to install this using the installer on Mac OS X (10.3) and
the install went well (so it claimed) but when I first tried to run it
it failed with the following error (once the progress bar appeared):
"
An error has occured:
Can't find resource: config.xml
"

The only abnormal thing I did was to chose to install the app to a
non-standard folder ('Apps' within my home directory, as opposed to
choosing the default 'Applications' in the root folder).  But that
shouldn't cause it to not work.

Sorry, haven't had time to try work-arounds, like moving the config
file out of the .app folder into places like my home dir, but I'm
assuming that this is something that really wants to be fixed before
1.0!!!  :)

thanks
	nic...  :)

>> On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 19:58, Joe Walker wrote:
>>> /Hi,
>>>
>>> I've just done a release of J-Sword. Version 0.9.6 is the second
>>> beta for 1.0, and I *hope* we will only need one more.
>>>
>>> What has changed?
>>> - New installer based downloads for Windows/Linux/MacOSX/Generic
>>> Java.
>>> - Loads of sword modules reading fixes.
>>>
>>> My focus now is on GUI fixes, and then I believe we are ready for a
>>> 1.0
>>>
>>> The download link is:
>>>   //_http://www.crosswire.org/jsword/download.jsp_
>>>
>>> One other job before 1.0 - as I've noted before I think we need to
>>> give the Swing GUI a different name from the core like the other
>>> SWORD projects do - for the large part C++ Sword front ends have
>>> their own name.
>>> Benefits:
>>> - less user confusion, quite a few people have come up to me and
>>> asked what "J - S - Word" is, and there is already confusion between
>>> Sword and ESword, it doesn't seem sensible to make that worse
>>> - it is more obvious to developers that there is a core package
>>> (still jsword) that is separate from the GUI, another thing I've
>>> been asked about several times
>>> The best name that I've come up with so far is "Bible Desktop",
>>> which is poor - any better suggestions?
>>>
>>> Joe.

"Morality may keep you out of jail, but it takes
  the blood of Christ to keep you out of Hell."
	-- Charles Spurgeon

  Interested in finding out more about God, Jesus,
      Christianity and "the meaning of life"?
       Visit http://www.christianity.net.au