[jsword-devel] Latest version with Thai

Joe Walker jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 11 May 2003 08:16:33 +0100

Hi Chris,

Chris Little wrote:

> On Sat, 10 May 2003, Joe Walker wrote:
>

>>Does anyone know why OSIS doesn't use the xsl:lang attribute which is
>>the more normal way of specifying the language?
>

> Actually, I suggested this earlier today as an OSIS 1.1.2 refinement, to
> replace the lang attribute with xml:lang on all elements.  It would not be
> appropraite to replace the lang element in the header element, however.

We're probably both confusing each other with typos. Yes I meant xml:lang

There is a language element in the header, and now I come to look at it,
not only is there a lang attribute, but also a languageType attribute.
If the xml:lang attribute would replace the lang attribute, then I
understand it's function and contents, but what about the language
element in the header and the languageType attribute?

And do you know of any better source of information than the generated
docos at
http://www.bibletechnologieswg.org/osis/specs/docs/osisCore.1.1.1.html?
Even a osis-users mailing list would be helpful.

Joe.