[jsword-devel] Latest version with Thai

Joe Walker jsword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 10 May 2003 23:41:21 +0100

Hi,

Richard & Kristi Guay wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I finally got the beta downloaded and running.  It does not handle
> Thai text at all.  There needs to be a way to designate what font to
> use.

Yes I'm not surprised there are font problems.
Currently fonts are handled by XSLT that converts OSIS to HTML, and by
the default fonts in the Swing HTML renderer.

We need to be able to get from the modules the language and then to be
able to configure fonts on a per-language basis. Actually better than
language could be a Locale.
I'll add this to the bug-list.

> Also, most of my dictionaries do not work.  Only the Strong's
> dictionaries work.

Most dictionaries should work. So support LD and LD4, and I'm working on
  zLD. My initial search didn't find any zLD dictionaries so I left it
out. What is failing in particular?

 > Also, is GenBook support in there yet or is it a
> bug that none of my GenBooks are available?

Nope. GenBook is missing. I need to do a bit of thinking on this one.

Thanks for the report.

Joe.