J2ME bible (was Re: [jsword-devel] Re: Unable to check out from CVS)

Eric Galluzzo jsword-devel@crosswire.org
08 May 2003 21:49:50 -0400

On Thu, 2003-05-08 at 08:04, Mark Derricutt wrote:
> As for lite XML parsers - I have one a friend wrote which is very small,
> non validating, which would work fine for small devices with a few fixes (
> some old tests failed from memory ), its at idxml.sourceforge.net if anyone
> wants to look.  Not looked at it in ages thou.

There's also a widely used J2ME/CLDC one called kXML (http://kxml.org/)
-- I have no idea if it's better or worse than idXML. :)  However, I
have heard that some J2ME devices (like cellphones) won't run
applications that are over 50K, so squeezing any kind of Bible on a
device like that would probably be impossible.  Perhaps it would be
possible, however, to make calls using kSOAP or plain HTTP to retrieve
verses via the Internet.

	- Eric